Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Cloud Engineer to drive, maintain and improve our cloud infrastructure.
Miroculus has re-imagined the paradigm of laboratory testing, so that high quality science can be practiced anywhere in the world.
Through the use of their proprietary digital microfluidics technology Miroculus can automate manually intensive experimental workflows on to a low-cost cartridge, simplifying the preparatory workflow that currently relies on either manual execution or large and expensive robotic instrumentation. Making it reproducible and more affordable than ever before.
As the Cloud Engineer, this individual will be responsible of performing maintenance to the current infrastructure and design and implement improvements as we continue to scale.
This position reports to the Lead Software Engineer.
- We are looking for a self-taught and eager to continuously learn person, passionate about code, new tools and problem solving with analytical and creative thinking.
- A candidate with extensive knowledge in cloud based solutions using AWS or any other major Cloud Provider
- A person that enjoys solving challenging infrastructure scalability and efficiency issues.
- A person that thinks first about the user and designs code based on their needs.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and solution delivery methodologies
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop high-level architecture and designs in support of robust technology solutions taking into account user requirements, technical requirements, performance considerations, data architectures, etc.
- Collaborate in the architecture definition and infrastructure design activities for IoT solutions
- Create technology architecture and infrastructure design activities
- Deploy technology build, test and deployment activities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and provide support to IoT solution development efforts
- Be responsible for the day-to-day product operations and help out in on-call rotations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on Infrastructure / Troubleshooting / Systems Administration / Networking / DevOps / Applications Development experience in a distributed systems environment
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven, can work independently and is capable of dealing with ambiguities
- Experience working with open source projects
- Experience with Docker and DevOps tools such as Kubernetes, DC/OS, Docker Swarm
- Experience with Linux servers
- Experience working with Source control (git)
- Experience of microservices: scalability, monitoring & logging of API calls
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate fluently in English (verbal and written), within technical and business settings.
- Experience with AWS
- AWS Certifications (Associate or Professional)
- Experience with networking
- Experience (or knowledge) with IoT
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience on a 24x7 operational services or support environment
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Applicants should send cover letter and LinkedIn (or resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference "Cloud Engineer" on the subject
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.