Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Director of Customer Service and Support to own the service and support strategy for its digital microfluidics platform and key applications including NGS (next-gen sequencing) library prep, synthetic biology, and combinatorial chemistry.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and minituraize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
As Director of Customer Support, you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be responsible for supporting and enabling customers, from pre-sales support through the entire customer/product lifecycle. You will be responsible for developing and managing direct and indirect support channels, including Field Applications Scientists, phone and web/sms-based tech support, and service engineering. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Science teams to find new ways of enabling customers in their work, and bring back customer feedback, and help build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Own overall customer service and support strategy and implementation
- Identify the optimal path to drive customer success, product utilization, satisfaction, and repurchase
- Partner with Sales to drive engagement and adoption by key accounts
- Track all service and support issues and work with internal teams on short-term remediation and long-term solutions
- Develop business cases to support decisions around internal vs. outsourced support in different contexts
- Work closely with R&D, Marketing/core development teams as part of the new product development process to ensure product supportability, customer satisfaction, and to identify new opportunities relevant to growing the product portfolio
- Develop and maintain deeply collaborative working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful adoption of products and collection of customer requirements
- Ultimately build a team of talented service and support professionals, including PhD level Field Application Scientists, service/repair managers, and phone/web/text-based technical support
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in life science support and service
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility to travel at least 40% of the time
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Understanding of the genomics landscape, especially NGS (synthetic biology and combinatorial chemistry also desirable)
- Experience with molecular diagnostics desirable
- A shared passion for our mission to improve human health by decentralizing access to state of the art molecular research tools
- PhD is strongly desired, or minimally extensively demonstrated technical knowledge
- Experience building/leading teams
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the reference “Director of Customer Service and Support” in the subject.
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.