Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Director of Product Marketing to own product strategy for its digital microfluidics platform and key applications including NGS (next-gen sequencing) library prep, synthetic biology, and combinatorial chemistry.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturaize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
As Director of Product Marketing, you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be responsible for system and applications product strategy, as well as numerous aspects of the product lifecycle. You will drive the product roadmap, identify new market opportunities and bring in the voice of the customer. You will work closely with scientists and engineers in the company to ensure product requirements are balanced to meet customer needs and company goals, and help build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collect voice of customer feedback, perform market research and competitive analysis to define the market landscape
- Develop an overall product strategy to drive customers and company to success
- Define new product requirements, product roadmap, and go to market strategy
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process and to ensure market requirements are met and to identify new opportunities relevant to growing the product portfolio
- Develop core positioning and key messaging for marketing content
- Develop sales training and support materials
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful adoption of products and collection of customer requirements
- Acts as commercial lead for strategic customers when applicable
- Provide general intelligence on key competitors
- Develop, execute and monitor the marketing plan including product milestones
- Sets and deliver against product profitability goals
- Ultimately build a team of talented product managers
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in life science product management/product marketing
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in conducting building and championing a business case with Senior Management
- Knowledgeable and experienced with product development processes/lifecycles
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility to travel at least 30% of the time
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- A deep understanding of the NGS application landscape (synthetic biology and combinatorial chemistry also desirable)
- Experience with molecular diagnostics desirable
- A shared passion for our mission to improve human health by decentralizing access to state of the art molecular research tools
- Experience managing NGS-based products is highly desirable
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences, PhD is a plus
- MBA with an emphasis in marketing is desired
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Director of Product Marketing” in the subject.
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, height, weight, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.