Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Electrical Engineer II to help us advance science and improve lives faster, together.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and minituraize the most complex [genomic] protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and [combinatorial chemistry], in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
As an electrical engineer II, you will help design and implement the next generation in life science instruments. The candidate will report to the engineering manager and work in a diverse cross-functional team at the headquarters in San Francisco.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design of schematic and layout
- Bringup of PCBAs - circuit testing
- Automated data gathering
- Analysis and presentation of test results
- Documentation of test results
- Support existing prototypes
- Identify and perform necessary rework / modifications
- BSEE required, M.S. a plus
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Circuit design and analysis experience (Electronics)
- Circuit debugging experience
- Expertise with lab equipment (Oscilloscope, power supplies, function generator, multimeter, etc.)
- Experience with MATLAB (simulation, analysis, automation, plotting)
- Expert knowledge of soldering and other rework skills
- Knowledgeable component selection based on industry standards
- Signal processing and digital filtering knowledge a plus
- Altium proficiency (Library creation, schematic design, layout) a plus
- Medical/Laboratory device experience a plus
- Knowledge of international electrical safety standards (e.g. IEC 61010) a plus
San Francisco, CA
Applicants should send portfolio, cover letter and LinkedIn (or resume) to email@example.com with the reference "Electrical Engineer II" on the subject
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.