We are seeking an insightful, talented, dedicated, hands-on person responsible for assisting electrical engineering designs, repairs and upgrades of existing products. Individual will perform electrical design, analysis, schematic and and significant CAD work.
- Fluent in any major CAD system, Onshape Preferred
- Fluent in schematic and PCB layout design
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar subject.
- At least 3 years Hardware design experience within a relevant industry.
- A broad range of experience but ideally with strong all round electronic design and software/firmware skills
- Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design including microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software, SMPS design, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer or similar
Candidate is expected to:
- Be primarily working on hardware design but may also work on firmware/software or work with dedicated software engineers.
- Be involved in new design projects as well as support to existing production and other areas of the company.
- Carry out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design.
- Carry out PCB layout of designs using Altium Designer software or similar
- Select new parts, taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost.
- Create designs which involve electronic control of the electrical, optical and thermal performance of the systems.
- Prepare and presents electronic designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews.
- Document design work and prepares reports, ensuring design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with company procedures.
Candidate with the following experience is desired (but not absolutely required):
- I2C, SPI, RS-232, MDIO
- Direct experience and ability to read schematics and control of hardware.
- PID control implementation in Firmware.
- Experience with single board computers (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino)
- San Francisco, CA
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.