Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Lead Systems Engineer to help drive projects across multiple electrical, mechanical, thermal and consumable sub-systems. Key stakeholders will be internal engineering, science and business development teams as well as external contractors and partners.
Miroculus has re-imagined the paradigm of laboratory testing, so that high quality science can be practiced anywhere in the world.
Through the use of their proprietary digital microfluidics technology Miroculus can automate manually intensive experimental workflows on to a low-cost cartridge, simplifying the preparatory workflow that currently relies on either manual execution or large and expensive robotic instrumentation. Making it reproducible and more affordable than ever before.
- The Lead Systems Engineer reports to the Director of Systems Development and collaborates with the engineering, science and business development teams on the creation and prioritization of requirements and success criteria for the engineering programs.
- The candidate should have a good systems understanding to manage internal and external parties on diverse engineering fields The candidate should proactively anticipate risk and drive issues to closure in order to enable project teams to operate at their most effective, while keeping control of the timeline.
- Planning, good tracking and proper documentation are key elements of this position.
- This person is expected to coordinate technical reviews, document and keep track of the feedback so it is incorporated in the project within the timeline proposed.
- The best candidate for this role is a hands-on individual capable of communicating with different teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with the tools and methods used in system development are essential.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish a solid project framework and create functional specs, project and release plans and roadmaps and make sure all stakeholders understand and commit to that schedule
- Document designs and processes (Design Requirements, Design Reviews, Drawings, Analysis, Testing, ECOs)
- Manage communication and coordinate with external contract engineers and service companies, setting clear expectations on deliverables within project timelines
- Help to build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
- Actively participate in Design Reviews as a part of Design control
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the proper execution of projects within the organization and with the external engineering partners
- Manage dependencies, document thoroughly, identify and escalate risks.
- Communicate with multiple roles across the organization - project status, running efficient meetings, documentation, budget and timeline control.
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy
- Maintain proper Design Control documentation following ISO 13485 standards
- +5 years of experience as a LSE, engineering leader, technical project manager, or related discipline in the medical device or life sciences industries
- Proven ability to manage internal and external resources for delivering the milestones in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent program/project management skills – including scheduling, budgeting, resource management, etc.
- Good knowledge / experience with Microsoft Project, and/ or other project management tools
- Strong people skills with proven ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functional internal and external teams and establish credibility among colleagues, employees and executive management.
- Familiarity with quality management systems
- Share a passion for our mission to improve human health by decentralizing access to state of the art molecular diagnostics
- Strong systems background
- Experience with consumables, materials and microfluidics systems
Preferred Educational Background
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in relevant engineering or scientific discipline with a preference for an advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.