We are looking for a hands-on individual to take leadership in the design and development of innovative solutions for our next generation Digital Microfluidics instruments and cartridges. This person will also ensure improvements are made to existing products to achieve better quality and/or cost reductions.
As a mechanical fluidics engineer at Miroculus you will specialize on the automated systems that precisely control the flow of system fluids and biological samples for our products at every stage of the product development cycle, from conception and prototyping to high volume manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop architecture for novel fluidic subsystems and improvements to current fluidic systems.
- Qualification of component quality, system performance, chemical compatibility and reliability.
- Model fluid flow in air and liquid systems using simulation software (Matlab, COMSOL)
- Use 3D CAD (Onshape) to develop mechanical designs, modeling, and detailed specification of parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Write and release Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs).
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures.
- Hands-on commitment to building prototypes; procuring parts, laser cutting, molding, bonding materials, assemble breadboards, and assemble prototypes for testing.
- Assist in the transfer of product designs to manufacturing, including documentation, training, QC procedures and test fixtures.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to develop and execute a detailed schedule of mechanical activities that align with the overall project milestones.
- Coordinate with vendors to optimize Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products.
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences, including Product Management, Biologists, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in fluid mechanics
- Demonstrated strong hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent, with 2 years related work experience.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical devices
- Experience with fluidic devices (e.g. pumps, transducers, tubing, fittings, valves) in the medical device or scientific instrument industry
- High proficiency using 3D CAD software; Onshape is a plus.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA); Matlab and COMSOL is a plus.
- Experience with plastics assembly, injection molding, blow molding is a plus.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.