Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Scientist II – Molecular Assay Development to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers, biologists, and computational scientists to build next generation integrated microfluidic devices.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Miroculus is seeking a Scientist II who will contribute to the development of new molecular assays on our proprietary microfluidic technology throughout the lifecycle of the product development process. The successful candidate will have outstanding attention to detail, enjoy working in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment, and have exceptional hands-on laboratory skills working on complex molecular biology assays.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures using standard laboratory equipment and company’s proprietary microfluidic platform
- Performs data analysis with advanced analytical tools and contributes insights toward experimental findings
- Ideate and test improvements to current molecular biology assays
- Keeps a detailed laboratory notebook and summarizes work in research reports and meeting presentations
- Converts newly developed protocols and procedures into SOPs
- Conducts troubleshooting of processes and protocols
- Communicates results during internal meetings.
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication
- M. Sc. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 2-4 years experience in molecular biology laboratory experience, OR
- B.S. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 4-6 years molecular biology laboratory experience
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and quality analysis.
- Experience in qPCR, bioanalyzer and other nucleic acid analysis techniques.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Experience in developing NGS-based assays and ability to analyze NGS data preferred
- Experience with product development processes under design control is a plus
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.