Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Scientist III – Research who can further expand applications of digital microfluidics beyond NGS (next-gen sequencing) library prep, towards cell engineering and synthetic biology.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Miroculus is seeking a Scientist III with hands-on experience in gene editing and genomic analyses. The Sr Scientist reports to the Director of Research. The candidate will be working to develop new and improved protocols, instrumentation, and assays. The candidate must be able to efficiently design and execute experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively. The scientist will work closely with other scientists and engineers within the organization and therefore must have a strong collaborative culture. This role is hands-on and lab-based.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Apply advanced knowledge of molecular biology to the development of assays on our proprietary microfluidic system
- Operate robotic instrumentation including liquid handling systems, imaging tools and software, as well as standalone isolated expansion systems.
- Track new techniques and technologies in genome editing space
- Generate Quality Documents and Reports as part of project completion.
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication
- Ph.D. or MSc, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or closely related field with expertise in yeast and bacterial cell biology/genomics
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, genetics, and genetic engineering
- Proficiency in microbiology and molecular biology techniques (microbial cell culture, construct design, strain construction, etc)
- Experience with large scale genomic analysis (RNAseq, DNAseq, metabolic profiling, etc.)
- Familiarity with mammalian cell lines culturing and editing different mammalian cell types, immortalized cells, and primary cells is a plus.
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Automation robotics and high-throughput experience is a plus
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, *body size or shape*, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.