Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Scientist - Microfluidics to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers, biologists, and computational scientists to build next generation integrated microfluidic devices.
Miroculus has re-imagined the paradigm of laboratory testing, so that high quality science can be practiced anywhere in the world.
Through the use of their proprietary digital microfluidics technology Miroculus can automate manually intensive experimental workflows on to a low-cost cartridge, simplifying the preparatory workflow that currently relies on either manual execution or large and expensive robotic instrumentation. Making it reproducible and more affordable than ever before.
- Miroculus is seeking a Scientist with experience in microfluidic assays.
- The Scientist - Microfluidics reports to the Director of Research.
- The candidate will conceive new methodologies and adapt pre-existing ones in order to advance the Miroculus microfluidic technology beyond its current capacities.
- The candidate must be able to efficiently design and execute microfluidic characterization experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively.
- The position will work closely with scientists and engineers within the organization to ensure product requirements are balanced to meet marketing requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare technical summaries and present experimental results.
- Ideate and test improvements to current fluidic systems.
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures.
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
- At least 3 years of experience in microfluidics research.
- Experience in developing novel microfluidic solutions.
- Experience in building and applying microfluidic devices.
- Experience translating chemical and biological workflows on microfluidic systems.
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to work, both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a multidisciplinary team.
- A shared passion for our mission to improve human health by decentralizing access to state of the art molecular research and tools
- Experience working with digital microfluidics / electrowetting technology
- Experience in liquid handling automation is highly desirable
- Experience in NGS assays is preferred
Preferred Educational Background
- M.S. or PhD in scientific or engineering discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or related field)
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.