Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Senior Product Manager to own the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Sample Prep product strategy.
Miroculus has re-imagined the paradigm of laboratory testing, so that high quality science can be practiced anywhere in the world.
Through the use of their proprietary digital microfluidics technology Miroculus can automate manually intensive experimental workflows on to a low-cost cartridge, simplifying the preparatory workflow that currently relies on either manual execution or large and expensive robotic instrumentation. Making it reproducible and more affordable than ever before.
- The Senior Product Manager reports, temporarily, to the CEO and owns the NGS Sample Prep product strategy.
- This person is responsible for numerous aspects of the NGS Sample Prep product life cycle including market assessment, defining new product requirements, launch activities, and supporting sales and customer support
- The position drives the NGS Sample Prep product roadmap and identifies new market opportunities by integrating voice of customer, market, and competitive data with company commercial strategy
- The position will work closely with scientists and engineers within the organization to ensure product requirements are balanced to meet marketing requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research and a commercial strategy
- Defining new product requirements, product roadmap, product positioning messaging and go to market strategy
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process and to ensure market requirements are met and to identify new opportunities relevant to growing the product portfolio
- Develop core positioning and key messaging for marketing content
- Develop sales training and support materials
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful adoption of products and collection of customer requirements
- Acts as commercial lead for strategic customers when applicable
- Provide general intelligence on key competitors
- Develop, execute and monitor the marketing plan including product milestones
- Sets and deliver against product profitability goals
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a life science product management
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in conducting financial analysis and championing a business case with Senior Management
- Knowledgeable and experienced with product development processes/lifecycles
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility to travel at least 40% of the time in the US and potentially other countries
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent program/project management skills – including scheduling, budgeting, resource management, etc.
- A deep understanding of the NGS application spectrum
- A shared passion for our mission to improve human health by decentralizing access to state of the art molecular research and tools
- Experience managing NGS-based products is highly desirable
- Experience in liquid handling automation is highly desirable
Preferred Educational Background
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences, PhD is a plus
- MBA with emphasis in marketing is preferred
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.