Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Bringing the right people on board to achieve this vision is the single most important activity in our company. We are a diverse group of scientists, engineers and operations experts working together to do just that. Come join us.
As the Senior Supply Chain Specialist, you will be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing activities that support our functional groups such as Product Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D, Finance, and Marketing. The Senior Supply Chain Specialist plays an essential role in the timely delivery of goods and services to internal customers as well as external manufacturing and distribution partners. You will be reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Leader.
- Cost-effective purchasing of direct materials (electronics, plastics), equipment and services for manufacturing and distribution of products; lab equipment, consumables and services for internal use by research scientists; and products and services for business operations
- Establish and maintain warehouse, inventory accuracy and provide material handling support
- Monitor performance of supplier base and create a strong network of preferred suppliers to support company objectives
- Support related reporting, process and tool development
- Review and ensure approval of Purchase Requisitions in line with company policy
- Obtain information, solicit quotes and negotiate with suppliers for best quality, price and on-time delivery
- Enter, Issue, distribute, track and expedite purchase orders
- Work with finance and user groups to resolve invoice issues, returns and quality complexities
Manufacturing and Distribution support
- Facilitate and participate in Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process
- Ensure optimal cost and inventory level of materials inhouse and at external manufacturing and distribution centers
- Assist with the management of Logistics Provider cost and service levels
- Maintain purchasing master data, supplier and parts information. Assist with cost analysis and inventory planning
- Continuous review of supplier performance, focusing on quality, delivery and price improvements
- Communicate (and escalate as required), operational issues and work collaboratively to identify solutions
Process & Systems
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures in collaboration with management.
- Prepare weekly summaries and other communications for management review
- Support procurement business system data input and integrity
- Identify and follow up on tax incentives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering, Business Management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Sourcing, Supplier and Inventory Management in a manufacturing environment
- Flexible with ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to work successfully in a startup environment and use initiative to identify and solve problems
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners and suppliers globally
- Demonstrates integrity and reliability
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and project management software
- Related certification from APICS or CSCMP preferred
- Background in a biotech or medical device company purchasing electronics / chemicals / reagents / plastics is preferred
- Language proficiency in Mandarin and/or Korean is preferred.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the reference “Senior Supply Chain Specialist” in the subject.
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.