Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Senior System Integration Engineer to contribute to our fast paced and dynamic R&D environment. The successful candidate will take hands-on leadership in the design and development of innovative solutions for our next generation Digital Microfluidics instruments and cartridges.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and minituraize the most complex [genomic] protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and [combinatorial chemistry], in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
The Senior System Integration Engineer reports to the Lead Systems Engineer and collaborates with the Mechanical, Firmware, and Manufacturing Engineering teams along with the Research and Assay Development teams on the development, system integration, and testing of assay workflows on novel microfluidic devices.
The Senior System Integration Engineer will integrate, implement, and optimize robust processes and designs involving microfluidic devices, robotic systems, and molecular biology.
The individual will lead technical area(s) independently to accomplish significant advances related to development, integration, verification and other project goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and manage system interfaces and architecture in the development of a novel microfluidic technology
- Work with other technical leads to design integrated systems that meet system requirements
- Assemble prototypes and breadboards; perform integration testing of system components and subsystems
- Configure, program, troubleshoot, and demonstrate performance of novel technologies and other laboratory automated platforms
- Develop, execute, and document testing at component, subsystem, and system levels based on product and/or subsystem requirements and specifications
- Develop test automation and/or manual testing solutions in support of functional and reliability testing, supported with detailed documentation
- Lead root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness, and quality
- Serve as the subject matter expert for functionality for prototypes and production units. Define system constraints and capabilities and provide inputs to ongoing and new product development efforts
- Develop verification and validation test plans; lead and/or execute study protocols and generate reports
- Troubleshoot and suggest and implement creative solutions to system and assay issues
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related Scientific / Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5-7+ years industry experience
- Thorough experience with product design phases (Concept, Design, Development and Production) in a successful product development environment
- Experience developing and optimizing laboratory automation or analysis solutions
- Experience developing workflows for microfluidic systems or liquid handling robots
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software, and assay/workflow development
- Experience with basic programming and scripting to control unit and workflow functionality of breadboards and prototypes
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas: problem solving, conflict resolution, and customer and stakeholder interactions
- Laboratory and assay workflow optimization experience is a plus
- M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related Scientific / Engineering discipline
- Experience with next generation sequencing technologies (NGS)
- Experience with microfluidic systems
- Proficiency in Matlab, LabView, and/or similar tools
- Familiarity with a wide range of analysis instruments and automation solutions
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.