Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Sr Scientist – Molecular Assay Development to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers, biologists, and computational scientists to build next generation integrated microfluidic devices.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and minituraize the most complex [genomic] protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and [combinatorial chemistry], in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Miroculus is seeking a Sr Scientist with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and verifying complex molecular biology assays. The Sr Scientist reports to the Sr Manager of Assay Development and manages a team of junior scientists. The candidate will conduct the development of new assays on our proprietary microfluidic technology throughout the lifecycle of the product development process. The candidate must be able to efficiently design and execute experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively. The Sr Scientist will work closely with other scientists and engineers within the organization and therefore must have a strong collaborative culture.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Apply advanced knowledge of molecular biology and genomics to the development of assays on our proprietary microfluidic system
- Define assay development plans for each stage of the product development process
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures with QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
- Perform data analysis using basic and advanced statistical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, MiniTab, R)
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences
- Accurately produce all required assay development design control documentation following quality management system.
- Recommend innovative approaches to improve current assays/products
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication
- Master or PhD in molecular biology or genomics.
- Master +5 years or PhD +3 years of experience in molecular biology assay development
- Experience with product development processes under design control
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and quality analysis.
- Experience in qPCR, bioanalyzer and other nucleic acid analysis techniques.
- Experience in developing NGS-based assays and ability to analyze NGS data preferred but not required.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Experience mentoring and training junior scientists
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.