Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Sr Scientist – Molecular Assay Development to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers, biologists, and computational scientists to build next generation integrated microfluidic devices.
Miroculus has re-imagined the paradigm of laboratory testing, so that high quality science can be practiced anywhere in the world. Through the use of their proprietary digital microfluidics technology Miroculus can automate manually intensive experimental workflows on to a low-cost cartridge, simplifying the preparatory workflow that currently relies on either manual execution or large and expensive robotic instrumentation. Making it reproducible and more affordable than ever before.
Miroculus is seeking a Sr Scientist with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating NGS Assays. The Sr Scientist reports to the Sr Manager of Assay Development and manages a team of research associates. The candidate will conduct the development of new assays on our proprietary microfluidic technology throughout the lifecycle of the product development process. The candidate must be able to efficiently design and execute NGS experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively. The Sr Scientist will work closely with other scientists and engineers within the organization to ensure product requirements are balanced to meet marketing requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Apply advanced knowledge of molecular biology and genomics to the development of next generation sequencing assays on our proprietary microfluidic system
- Define assay development plans for each stage of the product development process
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures with QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
- Perform data analysis using basic and advanced statistical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, MiniTab, R)
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences
- Accurately produce all required assay development design control documentation following quality management system.
- Recommend innovative approaches to improve current assays/products
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and communication
- Master or PhD in molecular biology, genomics, life sciences or related field.
- Master +5 years or PhD +3 years of experience in molecular biology assay development
- Experience in developing innovative NGS-based assays
- Experience with product development processes under design control
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Experience mentoring and training junior scientists
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.