Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, and analytical Sr. Technical Project Manager to help us manage the product development timeline of our novel digital microfluidics platform.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager who has a strong technical and project management foundation and is a natural motivator, cross-functional relationship builder, and champion for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable project execution in a fast-paced innovative environment. As the Sr. Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for coordinating different development programs, and ensuring their timely completion with adherence to our standards.
This position reports to the CTO.
- Manage projects for the engineering team, partnering closely with other teams to provide planning, scheduling, progress tracking, release plans and reporting.
- Collaborate with engineering team leads to estimate the level of effort and projected benefit, define success metrics, identify dependencies and break project scope into actionable tasks.
- Ability to prioritize issues and track details while not losing sight of the overall timeline and milestones.
- Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the entire duration of the project.
- Facilitate resource planning, prioritization and trade-off discussions.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives, correct prioritization, and successful project delivery.
- Effectively communicate project status, identify risks, setbacks and facilitate mitigation discussions and strategies.
- Intake new projects and prioritize against existing ones and available resources.
- Clearly communicate team priorities.
- Maintain data integrity, completeness and accuracy in work tracking and reporting tools. Experience with Asana is a plus.
- Remove ambiguity by connecting with external teams or individuals.
- Ensure effective and efficient meetings such as stand-ups, scrums, sprints and others.
- Ensure team understands and commits to specific sprint goals and follows through accordingly.
- Provide consistent and periodic project status to senior management.
- Escalate impediments that cannot be resolved by the sprint team.
- No surprises.
- 5+ years experience managing complex projects and technical implementations either as a TPM, engineering leader or in a related discipline.
- Detailed oriented and fearless organizer.
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Demonstrable experience with agile methodologies and productivity tools.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Cross-functional communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various states of planning and execution.
- Documentation and presentation skills are essential.
- BS in a technical field
- PMI/PMP Certification or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional(CSP)
San Francisco, California
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miroculus believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.